How can we help you?
Our dental needs are ever-changing throughout life, and it's common for our patients to have questions about the best oral care and treatments for their needs. Dr. Andriy Krayniy and Dr. Rosemarie Zimmerman understand that there's a lot involved with maintaining a healthy smile, and we want you to feel informed and confident to make treatment decisions that are in line with your unique needs.
Some of the questions our patients ask most often are listed below, but your oral health needs are very personal, and you may have a few of your own that aren't included here. Please don't hesitate to call us at (212) 245-0055, and a member of our helpful team will be happy to assist you.
Being unhappy about the way your smile looks can make you feel self-conscious enough to make you want to avoid interactions with others. Smiling is so basic that you may not even realize how much of a toll it takes on you until you realize that you are embarrassed or discouraged by its appearance.
Cosmetic dentistry at our Midtown Manhattan dental office offers many affordable solutions to improve your appearance so that you don’t have to live with a smile you don’t love.
With aesthetic treatments like dental bonding, porcelain veneers, Invisalign clear braces, and teeth whitening, we can address any smile flaw that bothers you. We recommend that you start by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Andriy Krayniy so we can understand what improvements you would like to make and how we can help you.
Understanding your goals helps us determine which treatment options we offer that will help you love your smile again. We have numerous cosmetic dental treatments to choose from, so there’s no limit to the aesthetic improvements we can make.
If you would like to learn more about what we offer and what’s possible for your smile, please call our NYC dental office to schedule an appointment. Our cosmetic dentist will be happy to meet with you and discuss your goals and the treatments we can provide to help you achieve them.
Periodontal or gum disease is a widespread problem that affects millions of people. It not only poses a serious threat to your oral health if not treated promptly, but it can also impact your overall health and well-being.
Every day, we see new scientific evidence of the connection between periodontal and general health, and Dr. Krayniy and Dr. Zimmerman take the treatment of gum disease very seriously at their New York City dental office.
Some of the most common risk factors for gum disease are:
- Poor oral hygiene – If you don’t do an adequate job brushing and flossing, bacteria-filled plaque has a chance to build up along and under the gum line and cause an infection.
- Smoking – Smokers are one of the highest-risk groups for developing gum disease. Smoking increases your risk of gum disease, and it also slows makes it more difficult to heal after periodontal treatment.
- Diabetes – If you have diabetes, you are at increased risk of developing infections that include periodontal disease.
- Medications - Numerous medications, both over-the-counter and prescription, inhibit healthy saliva production that helps to promote healthier gums. The result is dry mouth, a condition which places you at greater risk for infections like gum disease.
- Genetics – Your genetic makeup has the potential to make you more prone to periodontal disease, and there are current studies to suggest that it is influenced by heredity.
If you’re worried about your risk for developing gum disease, the best things you can do are to brush and floss conscientiously and keep up with your six-month appointments for dental exams and cleanings. During these visits, our Midtown Manhattan dentists will ensure that your gums are healthy and provide treatment if we discover any problems. Please call us at (212) 245-0055 to schedule your next appointment.
Dental crowns are one of the most versatile restorations we use at our Midtown Manhattan dental office. The primary function of a tooth crown is to protect and strengthen a tooth. If your tooth has been compromised by decay or periodontal disease, a dental crown will restore function and protect the tooth from further damage.
Since dental crowns are designed to surround your tooth and protect it like a little helmet, they have many uses:
- Strengthen a broken, cracked, or decayed tooth
- Provide support for a tooth that has a large filling
- Protect a tooth after root canal treatment
- Stabilize a dental bridge
- Restore a dental implant
- Correct certain cosmetic flaws
Having a tooth crown placed at our New York City dental office usually requires two or three visits. First, our dentists need to examine the tooth and take x-rays to ensure that a crown is an appropriate solution. Next, they prepare your tooth to receive the crown and ensure a perfect fit.
We then take a comfortable digital impression of the tooth to create a model of the tooth that a custom dental lab uses to design and fabricate your final crown. Before you leave, we will fit you with a temporary crown to wear until the final crown is ready to be placed securely on your tooth.
Our experienced dental team has extensive experience in placing dental crowns and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your needs. Please contact our office to arrange an appointment at your convenience.
Invisalign Clear Braces
Would you like to straighten crooked teeth but don’t want metal braces? Most adults who want a straighter smile do not need traditional braces to achieve the results they want, so we’re pleased to offer Invisalign clear braces.
Everyone deserves to love the look of their smile, and with Invisalign invisible braces in the 10019 area, a straighter smile is possible for everyone. Instead of brackets and wires, Invisalign uses comfortable plastic aligners to move your teeth.
Since the smooth plastic aligners are crystal-clear and fit slip snugly over your teeth, they're virtually invisible when worn so that you can keep your treatment to yourself. Invisalign aligners are also removable, so you can take them out for meals and to brush and floss. Our patients love Invisalign because they can finally get the straight smile they want with a minimum of disruption to their busy lives.
With Invisalign, our New York City cosmetic dentists can help you:
- Improve the way you bite and chew food
- Improve the symmetry of your smile
- Improve the overall health of your teeth and mouth
If you have been thinking of straightening your crooked or crowded teeth, now’s the perfect time to get started by learning more about the Invisalign process. Call Dr. Andriy Krayniy to schedule an appointment for an Invisalign evaluation to see how we can help you get the straight, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
Root Canal Treatment
If you haven’t had a root canal in a few years, you will be pleasantly surprised to see how much the procedure has improved. Thanks to advancements in dentistry, root canals at our Midtown Manhattan dental office are more comfortable and efficient than ever before.
When thinking about the comfort of a root canal, you need to understand that the actual source of your pain is an infection deep inside your tooth. In many cases, this discomfort can be so intense that all you remember about the experience is the pain. What may fade from your memory is the immediate relief you feel as soon as we numb the tooth and remove the infection.
You may experience some lingering soreness for a few days after your procedure, but this is common and nothing to be concerned about. Most patients find relief with an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen. If you have any concerns after your procedure, please don’t hesitate to call us so we can help you.
If you suspect that you have an infected or abscessed tooth that might require a root canal, call our NYC dentists to schedule an appointment. If you are in pain, we will do our best to see you the same day to see what’s going on and arrange the appropriate treatment.
Professional teeth whitening at the NYC dental office of Dr. Andriy Krayniy and Dr. Rosemarie Zimmerman can make a dramatic difference to your smile and overall appearance. It’s such a joy to smile with confidence again! Of course, you want that great feeling to last as long as possible, so here are a few tips that will help extend the results of your teeth whitening treatment:
- Practice excellent oral hygiene: Diligent brushing and flossing can do a lot to maintain your bright, white smile. Also, routine teeth cleanings every six months remove plaque and tartar that dulls your smile and leaves a bright, fresh smile behind.
- Avoid stain-producing foods: There's a long list of foods and beverages that can quickly undo the bright effects of a professional teeth whitening treatment. Some that you need to be aware of are coffee, dark tea, red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, tomato sauce, and dark berries. A good rule of thumb is that if it stains your clothes, it will probably stain your teeth.
- Stop smoking: Smoking cigarettes, cigars, or pipes are dangerous to your health and can leave ugly brown stains on your teeth. You can smoke, or you can have white teeth, but you can't have both!
- Monthly touch-ups: As part of your professional treatment, we'll also give you a customized take-home whitening kit. Use the kit every month to touch up the brightness of your smile at home.
We want you to enjoy your beautiful, bright smile for as long as possible. Follow these simple guidelines, and you can easily extend the results of your teeth whitening treatment.